Pour de l’assistance ou des renseignements en français, veuillez contacter firstname.lastname@example.org.
To practise Massage Therapy in Ontario, you must be registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO). Only people registered with CMTO are allowed to use the protected titles “Registered Massage Therapist” (RMT) or “Massage Therapist” (MT). Both titles are the same and mean that the person is registered with CMTO.
Please note that a person cannot practise Massage Therapy until they have been granted registration by CMTO. Massage Therapy students or graduates who have not yet completed the certification examinations are not yet registered with CMTO. Please refer to Massage Therapy Graduates/Students Practising Without Being Registered Policy for more information.
Becoming Registered with CMTO
To begin the application process, click the category below that applies to you.
- I graduated from a Massage Therapy program in Ontario recognized by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
- I’m currently registered to practise Massage Therapy in another regulated province (British Columbia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick or Prince Edward Island).
- I graduated from a Massage Therapy program outside Ontario that is accredited by the Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation (CMTCA). Please visit the CMTCA website for a list of accredited Massage Therapy programs in Canada.
- I’m practising in a Canadian province where Massage Therapy is not regulated and/or I graduated from an education program outside Ontario that is not accredited by CMTCA.
- I’m internationally educated.
CMTO is committed to ensuring its application processes are fair and equitable. Applicants who need accommodations may contact email@example.com with their request at all stages of the application process.