In preparation for the full launch of the new Quality Assurance Program (QAP) in April 2019 for Massage Therapists with General Certificate status only, CMTO is releasing a new QA system and the first two tools of the program – the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) and the Action-Learning Plan (ALP).
The goal of this release is to introduce you to the new QA system, to try the new tools, and to collect your feedback on potential enhancements or improvements. The system is available for trial now through December 31, 2018.
While CMTO will not monitor who has / has not completed the tool(s) at this time, this is an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with the new QA system and to test out the new tool(s) ahead of the full launch in April 2019, when these tools become mandatory. As you test the new system, please keep in mind that the tools you work on now cannot be carried over into 2019, so you are encouraged to explore but not spend significant time inputting your information at this point.
To access the new QA system and tools, your profile page has been updated and now displays a new tab called “New QA System” where you can:
- Complete the new Self-Assessment Tool (SAT)
- Create goals and reflect on what you have learned and how it impacts your practice in the Action-Learning Plan (ALP) – please keep in mind that this release period concludes December 31st, 2018 so any goals set should aim to be completed by the end of 2018.
- Explore resources to successfully complete both the SAT and ALP.
Once you are done exploring the system you can:
- Provide feedback on the new system and tools.
- Name CMTO’s new QA online portal. CMTO is looking for a catchy name for the new QA system. You can make your suggestion through the feedback survey. The winning title will be announced with the official launch of the new program in 2019.
As we have previously announced, the former Continuing Education Units (CEUs) program was discontinued as of July 1, 2018. If you were required to submit your CEUs activities within this year’s CEU cycle (2015-2018), this is a great opportunity for you to enter your completed activities in your ALP to document what your goals were and to demonstrate how you achieved your goals.
CMTO wants your feedback! If something doesn’t work or you have suggestions for improvements, we want to hear about it so that changes can be made prior to the full launch next spring. A feedback survey is available on the Welcome page within the new QA system.
To review step-by-step instructions for using the system and completing the tools, please click here.
For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your participation.