DATE: Friday, June 6, 2008
LOCATION: Women’s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Stemming from the successful 5 Weekend Musculoskeletal Medicine Certificate Program, this conference has been created to meet the increasing demands of healthcare professionals to develop comprehensive MSK skills.
Developed by the Centre for Effective Practice, in partnership with Women’s College Hospital, the program will provide the participant with an enhanced learning experience that is relevant to current clinical practice and will assist in developing an interprofessional network. The unique needs of primary care practitioners are central to the course curriculum so that the common educational gaps in MSK knowledge can be bridged.
- To increase collaboration in professional practice and patient care related to MSK medicine
- To provide an evidence-based approach to increasing team competency in MSK care
- To provide opportunities to share roles through group networking in common clinical areas
This continuing medical educational event is designed for healthcare professionals who are planning and providing services for musculoskeletal conditions in an interprofessional team. Please consider joining us if you are a:
- Family Physician, Sport Medicine Physician, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Rheumatologist, Physiatrist, Neurologist
- Physiotherapist, Athletic Therapist, Kinesiologist, Exercise Physiologist, Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation Nurse, Dietitian, Social Worker, Psychologist Student, Resident, Fellow
Dr. Julia Alleyne, BHSc(PT), MD, CCFP , Dip. Sport Med. is the Conference Director and coordinates the academic lectures. Her faculty includes members of the academic teaching centres of Women’s College Hospital and the University of Toronto.
For more information and registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.619.0089.