The 2016 Massage Therapy Research Fund (MTRF) funding competition is now open and research proposal applications are being accepted.
The MTRF was established in 2004. The College of Massage Therapists (CMTO) has been the primary contributor, ensuring the sustainability of the fund since 2006.
The application deadline for this year’s funding competition is September 14, 2016 (11:59 p.m. ET). Grant recipients will be announced by December 2016.
The MTRF will provide up to $100,000 for the competition this year.
- Each successful applicant can be awarded up to $50,000;
- The number of awards given will depend on the number of high-quality submissions received; and
- The length of any individual award shall be set at two years, with requests for a one-year extension allowed.
Eligible research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Massage Therapy effectiveness, efficacy and safety;
- Massage Therapy competencies and competency assessment;
- Access to and delivery of Massage Therapy services;
- Professionalization of Massage Therapy; and
- Evaluation of Massage Therapy practice.
Special Call for Research on Massage Therapy for Soft Tissue Injury
This year we are introducing a special call for research on a specific topic.
- The special call grant will be awarded through the MTRF.
- The award amount will be a maximum of $87,500.
- Topic: Effectiveness of Massage Therapy treatment for soft tissue injury (e.g., sprains, strains, lower back and extremity injuries) following a motor vehicle accident.
How to Apply
Guidelines for the applications and the application form are here: www.mtrf.ca.
After carefully reading the MTRF Guidelines, complete the MTRF Application Form and compile all required documents.
Submit your completed MTRF Application Form and all supporting documents electronically (via e-mail) to Dr. Natalie Bozinovski at email@example.com by September 14, 2016.
Information about the MTRF funding competition can be found here: www.mtrf.ca and www.cmto.com/follow-the-evidence/massage-therapy-research-fund.