The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) is looking for Registered Massage Therapists (“RMTs” or “MTs”), in good standing, to serve on CMTO Committees as non-Council members for a one-year term. Preference is given to those RMTS who hold an active General Certificate of registration. Non-Council members are paid a pro-rated per diem of $275.00 based on full-day meetings and some preparation time. Meetings are primarily conducted virtually. However, should the need arise, an in-person meeting may be required. Out-of-pocket expenses, such as accommodations, meals and travel, will be reimbursed in accordance with CMTO’s compensation policy.
What is the role of a non-Council member?
Non-Council members are not members of Council. They do not have to be elected to the position and are not required to attend Council meetings. Non-Council members serve on Committees to participate in decision making about RMTs’ practise and conduct, and review applications for registration where concerns are identified. Non-Council members may also participate in the development of policies, Standards of Practice and guidelines.
How do I apply?
1. Review the following documents to determine whether you have the required competencies and are able to meet the time commitment requirements:
2. Complete CMTO’s Orientation Program. Completing this program ensures that you understand CMTO’s role in protecting the public interest and are familiar with the duties, obligations and expectations of Committee members.
3. Fill out the Non-Council Committee Member Application Form.
4. Submit the following documents to Lori Anne Webber, Senior Executive Assistant on or before January 8, 2021:
- Completed non-Council Committee member Application Form;
- Cover letter (include a brief statement outlining why you are interested in becoming a non-Council member, summarize your qualifications, and include any other information that may be relevant, such as additional skills, knowledge, experience, attributes and rationale for your ratings of the competencies on the application form); and
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
Documents can be sent via email, fax or mail:
Mail: 1867 Yonge Street, Suite 810, Toronto, ON, M4S 1Y5
Applications will be reviewed by the Executive Committee and its recommendation on who should be appointed will be presented to CMTO’s Council at the February 9, 2021 Council meeting. Successful applicants will be notified in February 2021.
If you require assistance or have questions, please contact Lori Anne Webber at 416-489-2626 ext. 4122.