The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) is looking for Registered Massage Therapists (“RMTs” or “MTs”), in good standing, to serve on CMTO Committees as non-Council members for a one-year term. Non-Council members are paid a pro-rated per diem of $275.00 based on full-day meetings and preparation time. Out-of-pocket expenses, such as accommodations, meals and travel, are also reimbursed.
What is the role of a non-Council Member?
Non-Council members are not members of Council. They do not have to be elected to the position and they are not required to attend Council meetings. Non-Council members serve on Committees and participate in decision making about RMTs practice and conduct and review applications for registration where concerns are identified. Non-Council members may also participate in the development of policies, Standards of Practice and guidelines.
How do I apply?
- Review the following documents to determine whether you have the required competencies and are able to meet the time commitment requirements:
- Complete CMTO’s Orientation Program. Completing this program ensures that you understand CMTO’s role in protecting the public interest and are familiar with the duties, obligations and expectations of Committee members.
- Fill out the Non-Council Committee Member Application Form.
- Submit the following documents to Lori Anne Webber, Senior Executive Assistant on or before January 6, 2020:
- Completed Non-Council Committee Member Application Form
- Cover letter (include a brief statement outlining why you are interested in becoming a non-Council Member, why you quality for the position and include any additional information that describes the skill, knowledge, experience, attributes or expertise that you would bring)
- Current curriculum vitae
Documents can be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 1867 Yonge Street, Suite 810, Toronto, ON M4S 1Y5
Applications will be reviewed by the Executive Committee in January 2020. Executive will make its recommendation to Council at the February 11, 2020 Council meeting. Successful applicants will be notified in February 2020.
If you require assistance or have questions, please contact:
Lori Anne Webber at 416-489-2626 ext. 4122.