Notice of Election of Members to Council
The election in Electoral Districts 1, 6 and 9 has been set for January 13, 2020, in accordance with By-Law No. 2.
As reference, Electoral Districts 1, 6 and 9 are defined as follows:
- District 1, composed of the territorial districts of Kenora, Rainy River, Thunder Bay, Cochrane, Algoma, Manitoulin, Sudbury and Timiskaming.
- District 6, composed of the counties of Grey, Bruce, Huron, Perth, Oxford, Elgin, Kent, Middlesex, Lambton and Essex.
- District 9, composed of the City of Toronto east from Yonge Street.
What is Council?
Council is the governing body of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (the College).
Council Members support the College in fulfilling its role to serve the public interest by setting the strategic direction of the College, making important decisions about the regulation of Massage Therapists in Ontario, and utilizing their knowledge of Massage Therapy to ensure the development of standards and policies which will assure safe, competent and ethical practice by Massage Therapists.
It is Council’s job to protect the public. All Council decisions must be made with the best interests of the public in mind.
If you are interested in participating in and supporting the College’s mandate of ensuring Massage Therapists provide safe, ethical and quality Massage Therapy treatment to the public of Ontario, please consider running for Council.
Interested in Running for Council?
If you are interested in running for Council, please follow these 7 steps:
- Review the Nomination Guide.
- Learn about the Competencies, Expectations and Role of Council Members.
- Complete the College’s online Pre-Nomination Orientation Program
- Module 1 – Health Profession Legislation
- Module 2 – Health Regulatory Colleges
- Module 3 – Council and Committees
- Complete the Candidate Declaration Form.
- Complete the Candidate Statement Form.
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- Submit the completed Candidate Declaration, Candidate Statement and Nomination Forms to the College office on or before 4:00 PM EST on Friday, November 29, 2019. Faxed, emailed or mailed copies are acceptable.
Mail: 1867 Yonge Street, Suite 810, Toronto ON, M4S 1Y5
If you have any questions regarding the election process, please call 416-489-2626 / 1-800-465-1933 ext. 4122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.