Call for Non-Council Members
December 16, 2021
The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) is looking for RMTs to serve on CMTO Committees as non-Council members for a one-year term.
What is the role of a non-Council member?
Non-Council members serve on Committees and participate in decision making about RMTs’ practise and conduct, and review applications for registration where concerns are identified. Non-Council members may also participate in the development of policies, Standards of Practice and guidelines.
Non-Council members are paid a pro-rated per diem of $275.00 based on full-day meetings and some preparation time. Meetings are primarily conducted virtually. However, should the need arise, an in-person meeting may be required. Out-of-pocket expenses, such as accommodations, meals and travel, will be reimbursed in accordance with CMTO’s compensation policy.
How do I apply?
1. Review the following documents to determine whether you have the required competencies and are able to meet the time commitment:
2. Complete CMTO’s Orientation Program. Completing this program ensures that you understand CMTO’s role in protecting the public interest and are familiar with the duties, obligations and expectations of Committee members.
3. Fill out the Non-Council Committee Member Application Form.
4. Include a cover letter that contains a brief statement outlining why you are interested in becoming a non-Council member, your qualifications, and any other information that may be relevant, such as additional skills, knowledge, experience, attributes and rationale for your ratings of the competencies on the application form.
5. Include a current resume.
The completed application form, competencies assessment, cover letter and current resume must be received on or before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 10, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed by the Executive Committee and successful applicants will be contacted in February 2022. Preference is given to those RMTs who hold an active General Certificate of registration.
CMTO is dedicated to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity, and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+, BIPOC persons, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Committee work.
If you require assistance or have any questions, please call 416-489-2626/1-800-465-1933 ext. 4122 or email email@example.com.