For Clients – Important New Section of the CMTO Website
The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) is excited to announce the launch of a new “For Clients” section of our website. This is a place where Massage Therapy clients can find out information about their rights, what they can expect from their Massage Therapist (MT/RMT), and how CMTO can help if they have a question or concern about the care they received.
On these webpages, clients can also find out more about informed consent to treatment, including:
- written consent requirements for treatment of sensitive areas;
- the importance of maintaining professional boundaries in the client-therapist relationship;
- information about CMTO’s zero tolerance policy for abuse;
- how the public register can help clients make informed decisions about their healthcare; and
- CMTO’s role in ensuring the public receives safe, effective and ethical Massage Therapy treatment.
CMTO is committed to building public awareness of our public protection mandate and providing resources so clients can make informed decisions about their Massage Therapy care. We encourage you to share this new section of our website with your clients. We would also like to remind you about other client information resources for your practice, including:
- Client’s Rights Trifold Pamphlet (this document can be printed on a double-sided paper and folded into a trifold pamphlet).
- What is Massage Therapy? poster (this document can be printed on 11 x 17-inch paper and posted in your practice setting).
- Massage Therapy and COVID-19 – What you need to know (this document is for clients and can be printed and posted in your practice setting).
If you have questions about these resources or want more information about CMTO’s public awareness initiatives, please contact email@example.com.