Booster Doses for RMTs
Beginning November 6, 2021, RMTs who received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine more than six months ago are eligible to receive a booster dose of an mRNA vaccine.
RMTs and other eligible individuals can book their booster dose through:
- The online provincial portal or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900;
- Their local public health unit (if the unit uses their own booking system);
- Select pharmacies;
- Indigenous-led vaccination clinics (First Nation, Inuit and Métis populations);
- Some primary care practices; and/or
- Their hospital employer.
CMTO strongly encourages RMTs to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As healthcare providers, RMTs have an ethical obligation to serve their clients’ best interests and protect them from harm. Getting vaccinated is an extension of this commitment.
COVID-19 Precautions Continue to be Required
RMTs are reminded that for the time being, they must follow all Ministry of Health (MOH) and CMTO requirements for practising during the pandemic, including both RMT and client use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other infection prevention and control (IPAC) measures. RMTs must continue to:
- follow the MOH’s COVID-19 Operational Requirements for Health Sector Restart and CMTO’s COVID-19 Practice Guidance for Massage Therapists;
- screen all clients before treatment using the MOH’s COVID-19 Patient Screening Guidance Document;
- conduct risk assessments before every client interaction; and
- practice in line with CMTO’s Code of Ethics.
Please visit CMTO’s COVID-19 webpage for more COVID-19 information and to review responses to Frequently Asked Questions.