CMTO’s Board met on September 18, 2023. Highlights from the meeting are below.
- The Board approved the proposed list of revisions to By-Laws 2 – 13. The changes will:
- Strengthen succession planning;
- Clarify and modernize terms and language;
- Eliminate Committee Chair/Vice-Chair elections; and
- Shift the appointment/election processes so these are all completed by the end of November. This change to the District Election date will allow the Board to approve the committee slate at the last annual Board meeting to ensure that new work can begin on January 1st of every year. For more information about this change, please visit CMTO’s website.
The full list of updates is available in the September 19, 2023 meeting package.
- Denitha Breau, Registrar and CEO of Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers, presented on the topics of Governance and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- At the May 2023 meeting, the Board approved a Workplan and Interim Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Dashboard to support CMTO’s 2023-25 Strategic Plan.
- The Board also approved:
- Second-quarter Committee Reports,
- The unaudited 2023-Q2 Statement of Operations and Statement of Financial Position;
- 2024 Certification Examination content outlines for January 1, 2024; and
- The Terms of Reference of the Inaugural Governance Committee (IGC). The IGC’s role is to make sure Board and Committee Members have the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgement to carry out their duties in line with the College’s mission.