This policy statement has been drafted to provide members with specific information about what may or may not be included in advertisements in order for them to comply with the College’s Regulation.
Advertisements must identify the Massage Therapist who is chiefly responsible for the practice and note that they are a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
Advertisements may contain the following:
- General information about the practice, such as its location, accessibility, hours of operation, address and telephone number;
- Identification of the educational qualifications of the staff; and
- Information on the types of services available at the facility
Advertisements may not contain the following:
- A testimonial by a client or former client or by a friend or relative of a client or former client;
- Claims or guarantees about treatment that cannot be verified;
- An endorsement of a product or line of products;
- Anything that is false or misleading;
- Any sexual innuendo or language of a sexual nature;
- Any statements that discriminate on the basis of a protected status under human rights legislation; and
- Any wording that would imply that staffs of the facility are members of the College when they are not.
Name of Clinic
Name of Massage Therapist
Indication of College membership
Clinic phone # Hours of operation Wheelchair accessibility Free Parking available Clinic Address:
Approved: September 22, 1995 Amended: November 19, 1999 Amended: May 16, 2011