Massage Therapy Research Fund (MTRF) – 2019-2020 Funding Competition
In 2019, the Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES) of Centennial College and the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) conducted a Massage Therapy Research Fund (MTRF) competition.
The 2019 round of the MTRF funding competition closed on September 16, 2019 (11:59 p.m. ET). 2019-2020’s grant recipients were Dr. Nathaly Gaudreault & Dr. Nathalie Bureau, Université de Sherbrooke and Université de Montréal. Learn more about MTRF funded projects.
In this cycle of the funding competition:
- Up to $31,000 grant amount was available to fund projects.
- The maximum amount granted to a single project was $31,000.
- The number of grants depended on the number of quality submissions received.
Eligible research topics included, but were not limited to:
- Massage Therapy effectiveness, efficacy and safety
- Access to and delivery of Massage Therapy services
- Professionalization of Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy competencies and competency assessment
- Evaluation of Massage Therapy practice
If you have any questions regarding previous MTRF funding competitions or ongoing projects please contact:
Dr. Pouria Tavakkoli Avval
Program Manager of MTRF, Centennial College
Tel: 416-289-5000 ext. 8593