Massage Therapy Research Fund (MTRF) – Application Announcement 2017
Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES) of Centennial College and College of Massage Therapist of Ontario (CMTO) are very pleased to announce the 2017 Massage Therapy Research Fund (MTRF) competition.
The MTRF funding competition is now open to support high quality and rigorous research in massage therapy and we invite researchers to submit research project proposal till the application deadline on December 18, 2017 (11:59 p.m. ET). Grant recipients will be announced by February, 2018.
In this cycle of funding competition:
- Up to $60,000 grant amount is available to fund projects.
- The maximum grant amount for a project is $40,000.
- The number of grants will depend on the number of high-quality submissions received.
Eligible research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Massage therapy effectiveness, efficacy and safety
- Access to and delivery of massage therapy services
- Professionalization of massage therapy
- Massage Therapy competencies and competency assessment
- Evaluation of massage therapy practice
To Apply for General Research Topics:
After carefully reading the MTRF Guidelines (http://mtrf.ca/guide-lines) on the website of MTRF, complete the MTRF Application Form and compile all required documents. Create an account (http://mtrf.ca/account/sign-up) on the website and submit your complete application including MTRF Application Form, Proposal and all supporting documents electronically via your account on the website by December 18, 2017 (11:59 p.m. ET).
If you have any questions regarding the MTRF funding competition or the application process, please contact:
Dr. Pouria Tavakkoli Avval
Program Manager of MTRF, Centennial College
Tel: 416-289-5000 ext. 8593